Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tickets!

I write to tell you about getting tickets... the good kind!

Tonight the family I live with booked my ticket for the LOOOOOOOOONG plane ride back to Utah... and I get in on the 23rd of December! I am SO excited because I'll be home for Christmas Eve! Christmas Eve is a HUGE deal in my family. We have our major traditions on that evening, and it's the BEST. I feel SO thankful I will be able to rejoin my family just in time for the celebrations to begin!

As a note, I have a six hour lay-over in London... I am SO tempted to go run around the city - my second home. Thoughts? Yea, I know I probably shouldn't... and I know I actually won't. Boo. Haha!

Also, I booked a ticket to see my brother and his wife (two of my besties!) in Seattle, Washington for the beginning of January. I know that they can't come down for Christmas, so it just makes perfect sense for me to go to them and see their city - their new home. I have never been to Seattle, so why not?! Haha... I'll be heading there from the 7th through the 17th of January, and then heading back for training before....

The Sundance Film Festival!

Haha... Yep, I applied to be a full-time volunteer and talking with the phone interviewer yesterday was told I was going to be offered a spot - mostly likely in Theater Ops. I am SO ecstatic! What an amazing opportunity... It's a chance to see more about the industry, learn more about events and theater houses, make connections that could potentially lead to a job, make some more friends, and see Films for free. Plus, I get to go to the big parties... and I get an all-access credential. Love it. It's like Stadium of Fire, but even better... I love what I want to do with my life, and now, I'm about to take a step and start doing it.

*muah*

P.S. French Riviera, anyone? Oh, yea... I'll be there in two days. Score.

Song of the Day: I love Mindy Gledhill. I always have since I heard her song, I Will Rest In You. The emotions that song brought the first time stuck with me... her voice is magically simple and yet drawing. Her newest CD SHOULD be big even outside of the LDS community, but I fear it shall not be... we'll see! I keep hoping for her. This is Mindy Gledhill's song and video for Anchor. It reminds me at one point of the Eleanor Rigby music video by the Beatles, or Series of Unfortunate Events. You'll see what I mean. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

All of those tickets rock! Being home for Christmas, visiting Seattle, all access at Sundance... and going to the French Riviera this weekend?! Lucky girl :-)

Jeanette said...

YAYYYYY!!!!!!! :)

I'm so proud of you. And excited to see you. And all sorts of good things after reading this. :)

Unknown said...

I love this! Can't wait to see you :)