Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Living Paradox

How can something be something so good for you, and simultaneously so utterly bad for you? How can it make you so happy, and yet have moments of pure misery? Yes, this entry may appear over-dramatic or personal. However, it is simply the thoughts (simple and complex) of a young woman stuck in a weird place... Stuck.

There are times when something appears so wonderful we take it all in... We indulge in the sweetness of the moments, and crave more. We give so much to make the happiness and hope continue. However, the paradigm shifts. What was once so completely beautiful, rusts, but can't (or won't) seem to decay.

Can something be good for you and congruently bad? Yes. I think we've all experienced this to some extent, but have perhaps not even recognized it. We all have things in our life that we see the briilance in and have trouble throwing away... An banana is a fabulous fruit, and source of nutrition... until it rots and turns black. Yet often we hold onto the bad bananas much longer than is necessary. Now, these bananas can make amazing banana bread... but they can also just continue to rot.

Okay, maybe that's a bad analogy.... maybe it's not.

I have determined the following: Things that are good and bad for you can coexist in the same space because that's how we learn. We use our agency to determine how we will use the things that are given to us, and how we let it affect us. There can be good and bad found in almost everything, and we have know how to bring forth the good... and let things go when only the worm in the apple appears to be left.

In regards to these current thoughts, I guess that I am simply aghast as to how a person could be the cause of this poisonous vaccine... the vaccine that that somehow backfired and hurt when it was suppose to protect - protect and heal.

It's a paradox... A living paradox.

*muah*

Song of the Day: Firstly, the song of the day is relevant to the post above... and second, this is one of my favorite songs of all time. Yep, I said it - It's epic to me. The song? Check out Jon McLaughlin's song Indiana - my favorite lines are written below. He also sings the song So Close from the "Enchanted" Soundtrack. Enjoy!



I'm glad i never lived next to the water
So I could never get used to the beach
And I'm glad I never grew up on a mountain
To figure out how high the world could reach
I love the miles between me and the city
Where I quietly imagine every street
And I'm glad I'm only picturing the moment
I'm glad she never fell in love with me

For some the world's a treasure to discover
And your scenery should never stay the same
And they're trading in their dreams for Explanations
All in an attempt to entertain
But I love the miles between me and the city
Where I quietly imagine every street
And I'm glad I'm only picturing the moment

I'm glad she never fell in love with me

The trick of love is to never let it find you
It's easy to get over missing out
I know the how's and whens, but now and then,
She's all I think about

I wonder how it feels to be famous
But wonder is as far as I will go
Because I'd probably lose myself in all the Pictures
And end up being someone I don't know.
So it's probably best I stay in Indiana
Just dreaming of the world as it should be
Where every day is a battle to convince myself
I'm glad she never fell in love with me

1 comment:

a sunlit dreaming tree said...

thank you for this!! and for this song...i'm so excited about it! i'm going to look up more of his stuff.

it's so funny how what you wrote directly applies to my life. definitely brought me a little clarity, and along with that clarity, a little comfort. <3

love you always, linzesan.