Sunday, February 17, 2008

Another form of love is Passion...

There is a new question, which has grown to an obligation in my life. I must determine to discover, what are my passions? What really makes me tick - makes me happy and content?

1 - People. Anything involving others, whether it is talking with and getting to know them, serving them, teaching them, or simply being around them... I love people.

2 - Activities/Events. I love events and having plans for things to do. It could be something really fun or a business related event, and regardless I love it all the same.

3 - Planning and Leading. I love being in charge and planning the events and activities, and I love making things happen. I am not always the best with innovative and creative ideas, but give me one and I will run with it. I love to take new, innovative plans and expand upon the basic ideas... I'm good at that and I enjoy it immensely.

4 - The gospel. Perhaps this should have been written first, because it is ultimately first in my heart. However, I did not write it first. I love the gospel though... I love talking about it with others and teaching others doctrine. I love discussing ideas and concepts... I love the feeling I have when I share my testimony or when I learn something from another's testimony. I feel passionate about the gospel in a unique way that can't be described fully.

5 - Family. I am passionate about my family currently and the one I will someday create. I love my family with all of my heart because I know that no matter what, THEY are by me. When all of my friendships and relationships shatter, my family remains strong in their faith for me. They love me, and for that reason alone, I know things are always going to be alright. However, the family I will create someday with someone who loves me completely and understands my heart on a level no one could muster the strength to do... That is what I am really passionate about. The children I will one day raise and love... Understanding the love my Savior has for me with more clarity because I have them... That is what I am really passionate about.

There is some idea of passion for you. Now, I must decide how that really applies to me and the what I want to do with that passion. I also am passionate about music, film, football, and politics...

I was driving around the neighborhood tonight, and kind of talking with my Heavenly Father out loud. Luckily no other cars were around or they would have thought I was crazy and talking to myself... :) Anyway, I decided that I only partially know who I am. I KNOW that I am a Child of God and that I am here on this earth now, but will one day live with him again. I know that I am talented in many areas, outgoing, fun to be around, and witty when I want to be. I know that I am smart, but I don't always use that to my advantage, and that I am very good with people - with reading their emotions and needs, but not their signals necessarily. I know that I write well and am thoughtful - I know that I care about others.

... but what do I really want from life? What do I really want to be? Who is Linze really - REALLY?

What a though, eh? All this time, I thought that I knew.

*muah*

No comments: