Monday, April 21, 2008

Ready for Pomp and Circumstance

I have wanted to write for some time now, but have avoided it for some reason... I'm not exactly sure why. Things have been really up and down and I just haven't figured out what I want to say on here and how I'm feeling.

I found out a few weeks ago that I did not get into grad school... My feelings were as follows: Shocked, angry, sad, relieved... All in about two hours time. I feel like I had wanted to take a year off and then chose to continue by forging forward with grad school. However, I'm not sure what I want to do after graduation, so this is my chance to really figure that out. I'm thinking of applying for grad school after working for a year in either public administration, communications, or education. I really have been looking into Teach for America and thinking that doing that in DC the year after next might be PERFECT. I could go at the same time as Amber and live with her - It would be fabulous! I'm not sure yet...

Right now I am simply looking forward to EFY this summer and can't wait to be working and loving what I do... I love EFY! I love youth!

Things with boys kinda bite. I can't lie. Things aren't horrible, in that I have many wonderful friends and a select group of guys that I could turn to for anything. However, there seems to be no one who can look past me at the friend level. The compliments that are handed to me from guys have started to feel shallow and meaningless... I know that they mean what they say, but it just doesn't have the same effect anymore. It use to build me and I was grateful for their sentiment. Now, I feel a void when they make any comment about me being "amazing" or "a great friend..." Oops.

I'm actually really fine with things though - I am loving life! I graduate in three days and LOVE that I am almost done. I think I want to make a list of everything that I want accomplish in my life and see where I want to go with that first... Hmmm. Next entry! Done and done - haha!

*muah*

No comments: