Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Gonna Make a Change....


Presidential Election results for 2008: Barack Obama with VP, Joe Biden!

I have much to dwell upon and even more to write - haha! We have reached a very pivotal point in history for the United States of America, and I must add that I am mighty proud to be an American. No matter what you believe (republican or democratic values) it is pretty amazing to think that America voted in the first ever black president. We have come a loooooong way in the past fifty years! It really is going to be a day I must record in full for my posterity - my advice, save some newspaper clippings, write down your reactions and the public's reactions, and record how the media portrays things over the next few days/weeks. I do this with any big event... Olympics, 9/11, bombings, new church leaders, etc...

I noticed today as I talked to my mom and Chad about election stuff and where I stand on different issues that I am more of a moderate than anything - I truly am so split on where I stand. I mean, Over the past year and a half I have developed concise, clear, defined, and strong opinions about almost every issue. However, some issue I stand conservative in view and other issue I stand on the liberal side. It's a bit interesting... I had some awesome discussions with friends and family this week, and some intense arguments. I have really grown as an individual in the past few years, and especially this past few weeks... I love that! :)

I have more to write about my millions of doctor's appointments, writing songs, and my amazing trip back east... but for now, I have a date with my pillow - haha! That was cheesy... Oh well, I've got subbing all week and wanna make it through another day of full-day kindergarten tomorrow! :)

*muah*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I am inspired!

Mindy said...

Thanks for the reminder ... I always want to save newspaper clippings then forget. :) P.s. I sub'd while looking for a job too. :) It only lasted for awhile though, I hate being contacted last minute for things. I want definite, solid plans. :)