Monday, September 5, 2011

Dear Labor Day...

Dear Labor Day,

I know that you're a holiday, and should be treated accordingly... but I couldn't help myself.  I used you to my full advantage, and I don't even feel bad about it.  Perhaps I should have just relaxed and gone with the flow, but it just wasn't working for me.  If I had done so, I fear we would have gone nowhere... Instead, I submitted myself to the following:

 - I finished my Structures paper (Due Friday), so I don't have to work on it all week.  I must admit, it was more important to me than merely relaxing with you.
 - I successfully completed my Reference sheet and all the APA citations within the paper.  Once I begin to express myself through the written word, I might as well finish... right?
 - I vacuumed and cleaned my room... I am over all the baggage left behind after a lazy day, and days with you usually make me feel that way.  Just being honest.
 - I uploaded all the pictures from the rest of this summer onto facebook and none of them involved you... What does that mean about us?

You confuse me - you and your title... it's kind of a contradiction.  At least we had the BBQ with my family tonight.  My mother even made my grandmother's amazing blueberry pie for everyone.  Remember sitting with my mom on the deck and just talking about the past memories and future hopes?  I'm sorry you will not be apart of those.  Remember watching the Bachelor Pad with me and hating on Kasey and Vienna just as much as I do?  I mean, really... how do the others on that show NOT see how fake and manipulative they are, giving them WAY too much power (any power for them is too much!)!  It crazy... but I'm getting ahead of myself.  I need to take this time to be honest.

Labor Day, it's over.  You've been good to me, but I think our time has lapsed.  I hate to say it... It truly does pain me, but I think it's time to let go and to look to another day.  If we cross paths again, say in a year or so, I promise to be kind and let things merely be what they are... good memories.
*muah*

Song of the Day: I am in LOVE with this song!  My friends Chad and Emily introduced me to Olly Murs one evening early this year and I am completely grateful - he's pretty awesome.  Here is his song, "Heart Skips A Beat" (not the Lenka song!).  Enjoy!

Olly Murs feat. Rizzle Kicks - Heart Skips a Beat (HD) from mike roda on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i wish i were half as diligent and disciplined as you are.
couldn't do the reading i was supposed to do...boo!
also, love the song!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

That's the most productive Labor Day I've ever heard of. I'm so excited for you to be in grad school! Keep up the great work! You'll be an excellent valedictorian. :)

J. Guest said...

Too true on the Spice Girls. I think it gives Utah some nice street cred. Unfortunately I had already written the article about things I liked in Utah before I thought of it.

Also, I love your face. *MUAH*

Emily said...

Love Olly, Love you! I'm pretty sure he is releasing his next album in November just because it is both of our birthdays. Isn't he a gem?