Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"Tuesday Ten" - Back Again!

I told you this was going to become a tradition!  You doubted, didn't you?  Yep - shame on you.  I am ACTUALLY going to commit to writing each Tuesday... for at least two weeks in a row.  Hopefully it'll be past that!  Okay, here we go:

1. Toast.  I know that seems simple, and it is!  I just realized this past week how much I really love toast... White, wheat, or a mix from Great Harvest with a little butter and cinnamon sugar - and sometimes, bananas!  It's my comfort food (that and mashed potatoes), and makes me smile just a little bit with each delectable bite.

2. Clementines.  I am obsessed.  I'm eating them by the bucket load lately to avoid eating too many Christmas cookies and European treats from the parentals.  I prefer them with no seeds, but beggars can't be choosers, eh?  Okay - I can, and so I do choose no seeds.

3. Last week I posted a video by Vocal Point with the lead singer being Ryan Innes.  This week, HE is on my favorites list.  His voice is like the butter and sugar to my toast... Haha!  I just really like him - check it.  Here he is singing one of my favorite songs "Colors" (orig. by Amos Lee):


4.The Amazing Rapping Baby.... just wait till he can talk!  If my kid can do this at 2 years old, I'll feel pretty fulfilled as a parent.  Haha - you think I'm kidding. Also, this boy is ADORABLE!


5. Lights.  I love lamp...s.  I love lamps, spotlights, nightlights, black-lights, strobe-lights, flashlights, Christmas lights... so this time of the year it pretty much one of my favorites.  Perhaps it's the hopeless romantic beneath the surface, but I can't explain it other than I love light.  Observe - Check the picture of the Tunnel of Lights in Japan (Nagano Hotel).
(So amazing... How can you not love that?!)

6. I am in love with the following quote:

I find the whole concept of being ‘sexy’ embarrassing and confusing. If I do an interview with photographs people desperately want to change me - dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there’s the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I’d never go out in a mini-skirt. It’s nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn’t do that. Personally, I don’t actually think it’s even that sexy. What’s sexy about saying, ‘I’m here with my boobs out and a short skirt, have a look at everything I’ve got?’ My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder. 
- Emma Watson

7.   Jimmy Fallon's "Thank You Notes."  I could even just say a favorite is Jimmy Fallon himself, but this week I'll stick to the "Thank You Notes."  If you do NOT know what I'm talk about, check the clip below.  If you DO know what I'm talking about, you've already watched the clip below.


8. I am in love with the show Modern Family.  However, more than that, I am in love with the characters from Modern Family - Cam and Mitchel.  Oh my word - they're my favorites.  Check out a little of their amazingness below!  (Sidenote:  I just got Season Two in the mail - my love was just reaffirmed.)


9. Scarves.  They dress-up any outfit, keep you warm, and make you look even cuter!  I happen to know that my mom spent my Christmas gift money in London- buying me eight or nine new scarves... not kidding and NOT ashamed.  I'm counting down the days till they're mine.
(I like this chart because it shows you the different ways to wear them...)

AND...
10. Take a look below:
I am SO excited to see two of my best friends (Derek & Cami - my brother and sister-in-law) on Tuesday night, and my new niece - Zoey! I am so gonna spoil her like every auntie should...
This is me and Cami - gangsta fo' life! Or, till we give away the jackets...
Here I am with Derek - back in my junior year at BYU, while platinum blond... Oh, the choices we make. Haha! He's been my bestie for 26 years and counting! 
*muah*

No comments: