Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy Hiking!

I have recently become highly aware of the many hiking sites here in UT with incredible views... Not like the one above, but you can't beat a hike above Florence, Italy... Just sayin'.

 Now, in the past I have been no great hiker.  In fact, I'm pretty positive that this is still the case.  However, that doesn't mean I don't like hiking!  On the contrary, I really enjoy hiking... just not in front of other people.  Haha!  I wouldn't go alone because 1) it's dangerous and thus, dumb, and 2) I like having other people around.  However, I'm not a fast or great hiker and it's one of the few areas in my life where I lack a ton of self-confidence. 

For those who don't know this about me, I'm usually highly confident in myself... shocker, right?  Thus, when I'm doing something I like, but kinda suck at, I'm not very comfortable with it.  However, this summer I finally have an inhaler (nerd alert!) and I'm not ashamed to say I love that thing!  Haha... I just looked at some easy, basic to moderate hikes in the area and I'm planning to tackle a few of them over the course of the next few months and gear myself up to eventually hike Timp.  I KNOW that might not happen this year for me (pending on timing and my hectic life), but I have a goal to do it and I'm gonna do it.  Haha!

Ones to tackle soon:
Donut Falls
Cecret Lake
Cascade Springs
Bell Canyon

Now, I'm gonna go find myself some hiking buddies... :)  Any takers?
*muah*

P.S.  I need to brag for 2.5 seconds about two things.  This first, my first year of Grad School left me with a 4.0!  Both semesters of straight A's!  Also, since March I have lost 8.5 pounds... with a few more to go.  Haha!  I'm a happy girl.

Song of the Day: I am currently loving this mix of dance mania combining with the indie sound of Sia.  This is a good one - Here's David Guetta (Feat. Sia) with "Titanium."  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Crawling said...

Girl you let me know when you need a hiking buddy and I'll be there!! We'd have a hoot of a time!