Monday, March 23, 2015

Life Lemons = Damn Good Fish.

When life gives you lemons... Slice them up real nice and thin, place them on some fresh salmon with some roasted garlic, and bake for a half hour on 350.  I mean, why not, right? :) When life gives you lemons, make some damn good fish. 

Life has it's fair share of ups and downs, but what's interesting is learning how powerful the mind can be during these roller coaster rides.  I had my fair share or bad moments last week, but I also took some time to relish in the sweetness of where my life is right now.  I have a fantastic job at a school I love, with kids I adore, and was blessed enough to win our Region Theatre Competition after a few weeks of hard-work and dedication.  So proud... 

I can drive in my fully-paid-off Escape with the windows and sunroof down, because the weather is glorious and the sun is shining.  Well, today there is rain, but thank goodness for moisture and future greeness, right?!  I can smell the flowers and see the tress blossoming with Spring - it's gorgeous.  

I have the ability to make music and do what I love by singing, learning to record, and growing in my craft.  God has given me a voice and I have the ability to use it and share it with others... Life is good.

As an update to my "conditions," I've had bad days... days where the meds make me exhausted and I have the shakes or trouble holding objects.  I've had days where  half of my body falls numb and my headaches increase. I've had days where no one can seems to give me answers, and I all I can do it turn to God for comfort... but at least He's there for me. 

I am a blessed girl.  In the midst of it all, I find that gratitude and taking time to smile is what gets me through.  Take the time to make someone smile today - it'll help you out too. 
*muah*

Song of the Day:  So, I've got a new computer and equipment and plan to sign up for a sound mixing class this summer... I'm ready to do this!  Here is my most recent cover for #newmusicmonday - "I Can't Make You Love Me," by Bonnie Raitt.  Enjoy!!!

No comments: