Friday, May 2, 2008

It's Tough Getting Older

Today was a day of learning... wow, that looked a lot lamer on paper than it sounded in my head. Eh. Well, let's try this - I learned two things today. One, that I have finally begun to reform a core group of friends. I have begun to develop friendships that bond a group of us together from how similar and how different we are. We all just have fun, and seem to mesh. This is something I haven't done since mid-junior year, and I am ecstatic about the people I am growing to know and spend more time with. It will change and shift with time... I might move away, and eventually others will too. People will get married and find real jobs... It'll change; but for now, I am loving the group I have begun to bond with.

I also learned that I have become a convenience friend to some of my past close friends... I still mean something to them, and they do to me. However, I have begun to be the girl that some of my friends call when it is convenient, or when someone that they want to hang out with more is not around. I could be argued, and I may be bias - heck, it is me I'm being bias about, and thus is somewhat legit. Haha... I guess my point is that, we all become convenience friends to some people at some point. I just did not believe that my time would be now with these individuals.

Still some of best, but things change. You live, you grow. You laugh, you love. You inevitably change.

I am excited to see what the future holds... I also must say, I am shocked that I have written in here three days in a row - what the?! Haha... When one has late nights and some down-time, it happens I suppose.

Here is how I feel partially right now... I am excited, but this song just exemplifies my level of knowledge as to what I'm doing with life right now, and who to really turn to right now...

OLDER
By: Colbie Caillat

Here before my eyes
Many roads ahead
Time for me to choose one way now
If I take a chance
What lies down the road
Feeling so confused
Turned around
On and on... On and on...

Seems like nothing is black and white anymore
Shades of gray and I feel a weight over my shoulder
It's tough getting older...
I always thought that I knew where I'd want to go
Now I'm here and I find that I'm still getting colder
It's kinda tough getting older...


I like these lyrics and I love Colbie Caillat - good job her and her descriptive melodies. Haha! I am SUCH a cheese-ball! Love it, embrace it, fear it. Haha! She actually has another song that describes my feelings about certain things in life too... Perhaps, I will just put them in here right now after all. I have felt like these lyrics have described my feelings MANY times within my life, and will possibly continue to do so... as they currently are doing so as I speak - well, write.

REALIZE
By: Colbie Caillat

Take time to realize
I'm on your side
didn't I, didn't I tell you?
Take time to realize
This all can pass you by... Didn't I tell you?

But I can't spell it out for you,
no its never gonna be that simple
no I can't spell it out for you.

If you just realized what I just realized
then we'd be perfect for each other
then we'd never find another
Just realized what I just realized
we'd never have to wonder if
we missed out on each other now.

It's not always the same
no it's never the same
if you don't feel it to.
If you meet me half way
If you would meet me half way,
It could be the same for you...

If you just realized what I just realized
then we'd be perfect for each other
then we'd never find another
Just realized what I just realized
we'd never have to wonder
Just realize, what I just realized...


*muah*

2 comments:

C&C said...

May I express my sheer JOY that you have created a blog?! I LOVE IT! you actually write about meaningful things. I could take a tip or two from you! womens' conference here we come. I LOVE YOU!

C&C said...

WHAT! i thought i already commented! anyway, i love you so much,a nd i am so happy that you have a blog now, and i want to go to women's conference with you...just yesterday iw as talking to craig about how much fun we had when you and i went to EFY together! LOVE YOU!