Thursday, July 28, 2011

Good Friends and Good Odds!

Last week I had the chance to play catch-up with one of my best friends from my High School in New Mexico.  She was in the area visiting and made time to spend a few hours visiting.  It was fantastic!  It's one of those relationships that has had ups and downs, almost quit at times, yet stuck it out, and has always been there in the end.  We've seen each side of each other from the ages of 13 and up, and still like each other - That's sayin' somethin'!  Haha...

All in all, it was fun to see a bit of where we've been this past year as we haven't talked much.  I really appreciate who she is and I know it's reciprocated.  The thing I enjoy most about our friendship?  There's no need to explain anything to each other, or reveal big background stories because we've known each other for so long.  There's no judgment passed or expectations - we just are what we are, and we're each fine with what the other has to offer and become.  We can go forever without speaking and then when we hang out, it's still natural.  I enjoy that a lot...

I have many friends and acquaintances, but there are few that I can truly say I feel completely confident in them to not pass judgment or expect something from me.  It's nice when one of these type of friends comes into your life.  I value them so highly.  I'm going to try and be that kind of friend to more people... :)

On another note, she now lives in a rather small area in Arizona.  She is thinking about different options for the upcoming years because of her job situation and living conditions.  One part of that is the people there... Not only in relations to dating potentials, but also with friends, her grandmother put it as:
"The odds are good, but the goods are odd."  

I died laughing... I thought about how there are so many times that this statement has played in my life - especially being in a church single's ward.  I know that being here in Utah I'm suppose to have a higher chance at finding eternal bliss, and perhaps I will.  I have met some amazing men here... However, sometimes I think the odds, as good as they are, really are a bit odd.  Haha!  Then again, so am I!
*muah*

P.S.  Because I know SOMEONE will comment on it, I know that eternal bliss is much more than finding a man and getting married.  I was merely making an attempt at humor.  Did it work?

Song of the Day: I can not stop jamming to this song while I drive to work, work-out, and get ready in the morning.  It's a bit scandalous, I know... Still!  Here is "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5 (Feat. Christina Aguilera).  Enjoy!

No comments: