Saturday, March 27, 2010

Creepy Crawlies... Ew.

Today I had the wonderful idea that I should get a spring haircut. In fact, upon seeing an add in the paper that advertised cheap cut and dye jobs at a newly opening place, I decided to opt for the cut and highlighting option. So, this morning I went with Koko and the boys (as they needed haircuts as well) to Badgodesburg to do just that...

I was excited. Let me tell you... I was going to get a head massage and that warm water while leaning back when they rinse my highlights is so good - you know what I'm talking about. It was going to be relax central, and to top it off I was going to look AWESOME once I was through.

It started that way... sitting in the seat as they started the weave for my highlights. However, about twenty minutes into the job Nico finished his haircut and Finni hopped up for his. That's when the hairdresser found the crawlies.... Yep. Lice.

I've been itching all day thinking about it, even though they found NONE on me and I still did the treatment to be safe. I still had another hour in the chair, but I couldn't help but think about the little critters on Finni and PRAYING they weren't in my hair. Ew. Haha!

THEN, when my hair was finished I was a bit astounded at how orange it was, rather than the rot (red) I picked, and how short it had gotten when it dried - I warned them it shrinks a LOT. However, on a positive note - it was still a cute cut - I like it!

The color though.... I guess the lice had one positive not regarding this. The treatment I used on my hair washed just a TAD of my color out and made it not SO orange... perfect. Haha! Now I am fully happy with the results from my haircut today.

All in all, we now have a ton of laundry and such to do, but the kids are lice free now (as are the adults, though I think we were all fine before hand) and I'll have some nice clean sheets to sleep on. Brilliant.
*muah*

Song of the Day: Big Yellow Taxi by Amy Grant. We listened to TONS of versions of this over the last few days and this is STILL my fave - over all the years. LOVE IT - Enjoy!

1 comment:

Katria said...

Lice=gross.

Also, I want to see pictures of your new do.