Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cartoon Set #1: Food Issues

Recently my mom put together a few slide shows on differing topics where "social commentary" or "political" cartoons were to basis for discussion... She teaches sixth grade. They loved it - of course. Is she not already fabulous in your mind? If not, she should be.

Below are some of those cartoons on the topic of food and eating healthy...





I kinda love these... a lot.  It's funny how I turned to my mom and said, "See!," regarding the cartoon where the little girl is arguing that fairy-tale characters (Not BoM characters - haha!  Inside joke, sorry - and END.) don't eat their veggies for fear of dying by poison, giants, or trippy mushrooms, but I actually love most vegetables.  Okay, that last on is a legit fear... really.

I'm not going to write a blog entry about the social commentary in these cartoons and how they depict our generations love/apathy for unhealthy food and failing health.  I'm not going to write a blog entry about how children constantly come to school with sodas, candy bars, hostess snacks, and pringles (all things I too love...) in their Hannah Montana or Superhero lunch-sacks, and the parents are often the ones packing these lunches... Or at least buying these items specifically for quickly-packed lunches.  Nope, I'm not going to write that... Oh wait...

Just enjoy the cartoons for what they are... a little observation on society's current state.  Also, they're dang funny.
*muah*

Song of the Day:  As it is Easter, I wanted to post a short video with music, pictures, and words about why I choose to celebrate Easter... I know my Savior lives and loves me.  Here is a video called "His Sacred Name."  Amidst all the candy, fluffy rabbits, and dyed-eggs (which I too LOVE), remember the most important part of Easter is the empty tomb...

No comments: