Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday Ten: More to Love!

You know the drill...

1 - Zamzar.com - I am in love with this site because it allows you take a PDF file and convert it to a jpg. (picture) with the press of a button, without downloading anything else onto your computer.  It's great!  It emails you the file and you just download the link and have the jpg.  LOVE it!

2 - Lindsey and Adam's "Remember When it Rained", SYTYCD Canada.  This is an AMAZING dance piece that I discovered via YouTube.  I wish I had known how amazing So You Think You Can Dance Canada has been!  I know that America's is pretty rad too, but Canada really has some superb dancers and choreographers.  Not to mention, some of our choreographers have gone over to their show to lend a hand too, which is awesome.  This was one of the MANY videos that I found, which was AMAZING dancing!


3 -When In Rome.  I watched this movie this past weekend and have to say, I'm shocked at how adorable it was!  I feel in love with this cute tale (feat. Kristin Bell and Josh Duhamel) and am already craving to watch it again... Good thing my parents own it, and that I happen to live in the loft above them. :)  I also LOVED the soundtrack!

4 - Lost in Motion.  I guess I'm really into dance this week...  This is immensely cool.


5 - Dorothy Perkins.  I am obsessed with this UK clothing line/store and browse her site often.  I have yet to buy something off the website, though I've come close a few times.  I simply don't NEED anything... but when I do, I'll be checkin' back!  I do have stuff from the store because of my 2010 travels over there.  I love this store.

6 - Operation Beautiful. This is a website where people strive to let others know that they are beautiful.  People are encouraged to leave notes on random mirrors in different locations saying "You are Beautiful!" or "You are perfect just the way you are!"  I think that young girls especially (thought everyone does) are constantly battling with self-image issues and seeing these little pick-me-up-notes could do wonders... You never know, but it's worth a shot to help someone's self-esteem! 

7 -Adele.  I KNOW there is a lot of hype about her and right now I am actually NOT going to talk about her music - though that is for SURE amazing... I want to touch on something else.  I love her quiet confidence and beauty.  She talks about making music for the ears, and not the eyes.  She's NOT about the industry.  Here are two quotes from her that I adore:

"I like having my hair and face done, but I'm not going to lose weight because someone tells me to. I make music to be a musician not to be on the cover of Playboy."

I could do well remembering that... Not that I have ever wanted to be on Playboy - Um, NEVER.  However, I get caught up and sometimes blame things on my size or don't try because of my size.  That's rubbish - and it's ending.  I've said it a million times and I'll probably say it more.  It comes in waves... Right now, this wave is more like a tsunami.  That's a good thing in the case.


"The focus on my appearance has really surprised me. I've always been a size 14 to 16... " 


Me too.... always.  I'm not ashamed.  It is what it is... Adele is hot, and you know what?  SO AM I. :)  Get ready, world... It's time for Linze to flaunt it. 


8 - Keeper of His Light.  I am in love with this song... I learned it a long time ago and had forgotten about it, but it went perfect with FY 2008.  Ah, memories... Haha!  I'm thankful that I know "He is reaching out to guide us," and can put my trust in Him - Him, being my Savior, and friend. 


9 - Dad's Pork Chili.  OH MY WORD.  My dad made this AMAZING batch of pork chili - a HUGE batch - and the recipe trashed any recipe of before, any salsa of before, any 7 layer-dip of before... Yep, it was that good.  I add a bit of cheese, warm it up, and eat it with tortilla chips, on burritos or eggs... Mmm.  It's one of this week's favorite things!

10 -SMASH!  I am a HUGE fan of this new show Smash, and am stoked to see how it develops... It's all about Broadway and New York and the theater!  Here is the AMAZING song from the pilot, "Let Me Be Your Star."  I'm in LOVE! 


*muah*

1 comment:

Kate said...

LOVE that you included "Keepers of His Light." It's one of my favorite Jenny songs to sing with the choir. :) And I love that "Let me be your star" song! And...I love you my Jimmertine...I mean Valentine! :)