Monday, June 7, 2010

Jonah Was A Man... He Was A Fish!

Tonight during FHE, we decided to read the story of Jonah and the Whale - to which I completely reverted back to a band trip I took in High School where my best friend, Brooke, and I went back and forth saying,

"Jonah was a man..." - Linze
"No, he was a fish!" - Brooke

HAHAHA... Good times... It sounds like a quote the boys would say, too! Haha... I bet you thought it came form them - you were wrong. It came from 17 year-old girls.

Anyway, this is a story about Nico -not High School. So, going back to earlier in the entry...

Tonight during FHE, we decided to read the story of Jonah and the Whale. As we started to read in the very beginning of the story, Nico chimed in and said, "I know why Jonah didn't want to go to Niniva. He knew that the people there were bad, making bad choices, and he was afraid that they would be angry with him and kill him. He didn't know that God would be with him and protect him. He didn't realize that people might not like him then, but they might remember his words later in their life." No joke. It was the most awesome thing... Nico does this often. When were reading scriptures the other morning before taking them to school (I try and do that with them each morning), we were talking about Ammon and Nico said, "Ammon was a missionary... I'm like Ammon!," and continued to tell the whole story of Ammon. It's fabulous how well he knows the scriptures. Plus, he's got SUCH a great memory all around... It amazing!

I'm proud of my little missionary advocate and all that he is becoming. Nico is SUCH an amazing kid. (They both are, but) Today, I recognize Nico for all he is and will become.
*muah*

Song of the Day: Okay, so I have a GREAT one for today (and a STELLAR one for tomorrow, too!).... Sara Bareilles (whom I adore!) is FINALLY coming out with a new album in the Fall, and her newest single has already been released. It's SUCH a classic song, too! Here is Sara Bareilles with King of Anything! Enjoy!

No comments: