Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Tuesday Ten" - A New Installment

 Here's this week installment of the "Tuesday Ten," which are things I am currently lovin' on!

1. I am in love with this idea... I'm not opposed to actually trying this.

2. One of my best friends, Chad, wrote this Samsung commercial -"Fashion Advice." Every time I see it I feel a little twinge of pride for him -  he's pretty talented.


3.  I love quotes.  I love quotes about priorities and making an effort in relationships. I LOVE this quote.

4. I adore these Live the Language commercials!  My favorite one is the Paris one below, even if it wasn't my favorite place to visit.  I'd watch them all.... I'm awaiting the Germany one soon to be released!


5. Orbit Spearmint Gum!  Yes, please.

6.  George Albert Smith created his 11 Ideals to live by and I really like them.  The one that stuck out to me the most is below :
"I would not seek to force people to live up to my ideals but rather love them into doing the thing that is right."
If we all thought that way and tried to just love others, we would have a much better world and all be significantly happier.  The only way a person will really change is if they make the change themselves - just love them, and hopefully others seeing you be Christ-like will make them want to be Christ-like.  You can't ask someone to live up to YOUR ideals, when you're not perfect so YOU can't even live up to each one of your own ideals.

7. This is What Happens When You Give Thousands of Stickers to Thousands of Kids...

8. BBC Sherlock!  Season 2, Episode 1 was just released and I watched it last night... My love for the show, and BBC in general, was reinvigorated.

9. Theater Methods - MAT 625.  Yes, I just listed a class as a favorite thing!  I had my first Theater Methods class last night and I just adore my teacher and the class in general.  I am SO stoked about this semester!

10. The Not Acceptable R-word PSA Commercail. I am rather passionate about the entire "Spread the Word to End the Word" campaign. We talked a lot about it in one of my classes last semester and it's just not okay to use the word "retarded" when someone does something foolish or dumb. It's tacky and a turn-off... and it's just not okay.


*muah*

1 comment:

C&C said...

I like your resolutions on your last post. and random note--do you know the song "found" by Phillip Larue? It's not new, but I just discovered it and any time I discover a new song i like i think of you bc of your love for music!