Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Ten: It's What I Love

Here are my favorite things of the week... Enjoy. :)

1 - Filipino Traffic Cop Doing His Job Like the King! I love how much this guy gives his all to his job. I think that if we all just put our everything into our work like him and enjoyed it, we would all be predominately happier.


2 - Pinmill Earrings. I found them on Etsy and I want them... There are cheaper ones on Ebay, but they are windmills... Haha! I think these are simple, but adorable.

3 -  This quote:
You can do anything, but not everything.
I am getting SO much better at this - I use to be terribly over-involved... but not I'm only somewhat over-involved... :)

4 - I Am Legend, wait for it... DARY.  If this really were a movie, I would be all over seeing this.

5 - Carroll High School's Powder Puff Dance... I normally find these dances lame because they're really not that good, but this one is awesome!  It's funny, the choreography is creative, and the boys are actually not that bad... I think it's worth a watch!


6 - Diversity Crayons.  I don't know the actual title of this picture, but that's what I call it... I think it's powerful, and somewhat poignant - It makes you think.  I want this for my classroom.

7 - Zupa's Tomato Basil Soup.  Last night I took part in the annual, bi-ward Polar Bear Plunge.  It was literally the COLDEST experience of my life!  I jumped in and was SHOCKED (again, literally) by how cold it was, came up from the water, and could barely breathe.  Once I got actually out of the water, my body felt like it was ON FIRE, burning away.... especially my toes.  Haha!  My good friends Aura and Chelsea were nice enough to have a bowl of Zupa's Tomato Basil Soup for me once I got out of the pool.  It warmed my heart... and my body.  Haha... I don't know if it really warmed me, but it is DELICIOUS!

8 - Blake Griffin's Amazing DUNK!  I'm not a clippers fan, but this dunk was somewhat epic... feel free to put it on repeat and get an instant reply again and again...


9 - Laughs!  I love to laugh and I LOVE other people's laughs.  If you know me, you know I have seven different laughs.  My friend, Dru, counted them one summer... It's pretty crazy.  My friend, Ben, posted this video with a ton of different laughs... It made me smile. :)


10 - Jacob 4:10 -  
"... seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works."  
I was reading this morning and came across this scripture.  A reoccurring theme in the past few weeks of my life has been that FAITH is also having faith in the Lord's TIMING.  I think this is perhaps the hardest part of life for me... I often know when I do and don't want things, so learning to take counsel from the Lord and not try to counsel him in what I think I need or what I want for myself is difficult.  I love how the Bible Dictionary says it- "The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant..."  Our job is to ask for His will to come to fruition, and trust that His plan is better than our own.  SCARY?  Yes.  WORTH IT?  Definitely. 
*muah*

P.S.  I also love how it says "he counseleth in GREAT MERCY..."  He only wants what's best for us and, "Mercy is the compassionate treatment of a person greater than what is deserved," made possible through the Atonement.  Ultimately, if I have faith and change my will to His, he will give me more than I could dream of... and more than I deserve. 

1 comment:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I love #3 very much. Also, those powder puff cheerleaders rocked! So impressive.

On an entirely unrelated note, I'm coming to Utah in a couple days and would love to see you! Text me :)