Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Ten: Can You Believe I'm Still Writing These?!

Here I am... It's another Tuesday and I am posting my favorite things for the week.  I'll continue this trend for at least a few more weeks and then evaluate if I wanna keep it up... I kind of like being able to keep track of all of my favorite things in one space.  I KNOW that's what pinterest is for, but still... This is like my journal right now, and I like it!

So, here is this week's Tuesday Ten, written & created with love!  Haha:

1 - Pumped Up Kicks DUBSTEP.  This dancer is LEGIT!  I am not kidding when I say that he can move so smooth you feel like he's not putting any effort behind it - which we know ain't true.  He is the real deal.  The song is decent - love the remix - and the dancing is sublime. 


2 - The Londoner Blog. I found this blog because it was a post called "The Anti Diet," which is an AMAZING post and clicking on the blog name will take you to that specific entry. However, the entire blog is awesome, with gorgeous pictures, fun stories and trip descriptions, and cute fashion looks. I love it!

3 -Chris Brown's "Turn Up the Music."  The video is a bit weird & trippy, but I ended up really liking it a lot!  The dancing in the video is AMAZING, the song is SO much fun (whether when driving in the car or working out), and I love Chris Brown's music - a lot.  P.S.  The remix with Rihanna is SICK!


4 - Ten Thousand Haiku. I love Haiku poems and poetry in general... Thus, I love this site. FYI - a Haiku is a 5-7-5 syllable poem.  Click on the name to take you there, but here are some examples below:

"Quiet in the room
Stacks of dark light on the floor
Nothing in the room"
"This has become work:
The sun setting behind me,
Calendar on fire"

5 -  Karmin's "Brokenhearted."  I LOVE this song!  It makes me SO happy every time I hear it and I love singing along.  Plus, I adore Karmin and where they came from... Music majors gone YouTube and getting a recording deal out of it = awesome.  They are original and unique in many ways and homegirl can rap really well for a white girl!  I wanna do what she does...  Rap and Belt.  Done.  Here they are on SNL:


6 - Say Yes to the Dress.  I've had so many (I mean, SOOOOOOO many) friends get married  or recently engaged that I started looking at different types of dresses with/for some of them and over the past few months.  Somewhere along the line, I fell into watching this show... Now, I'm obsessed.  I think it's crazy how much a girl will spend on a dress for a day and I love watching all the crazy styles go on them.  I'm a MUCH simpler girl, but it's a guilty pleasure to watch and better than most other trashy, reality TV.

7 - One Direction's "One Thing" and the VIDEO!  I love these boys and they're fun pop-music!  It's just FUN.  Plus, I think the lyrics to this song are adorable - "Get out of my head, and fall into my arms instead..."  Story of my life (well, everyone's life!) and I think it's cute! :)  PLUS, the video is shot in the streets of London and on a double-Decker bus!  Be still my heart... I'm London obsessed!


8 - Pretzels.  Perhaps I've said this before, but I can't get enough of pretzels... Plain, salted, chocolate or yogurt-covered, soft or hard... I love pretzels. The way into this woman's heart might just be pretzels...?

9 - My mom.  I have the best mom in the world.  Really... I know that most people believe this about your mom and you might be right - FOR YOU.  However, FOR ME, my mom is the best mom (hands down) that I could ever have.  She cares about me and what makes me happy.  She allows me free expression and loves me for who I am, no matter if that correlates of contradicts what she thinks or feels.  She is supportive of me and knows what I need, when I need it.  She believes in me and helps me through all my problems.  She listens.  Also, she loves the things that I love and is passionate about similar things... When I called her today after class just to tell her about my day and how excited I was about teaching someday, she was excited with me.  She really is my best friend and I only pray that I continue to let her know how special she is to me because I was/am SO blessed to have her in my life and eternity.  

10 - Sam & Ashley's Videos on "Mornings With Matt."  My friend, Ashley, married her husband, Sam, a few years back.  Four weeks after their first child he got into a snowboarding accident and became a paraplegic.  Ashley has ALWAYS been a strong woman - even at age 14 I remember specific example of how she led and befriended others with Christ-like love.  She's a powerhouse and these video give a taste of what they've been through as a couple and where they are now.  She is currently pregnant with their second child and I am SO happy they'll be parents again - what a lucky kid! :)  Take 4 minutes to watch one of their videos:

*muah*

No comments: