Monday, May 27, 2013

Sundays.

I adore Sundays... It's just the pick-up I need for the week for a few reasons.

1) Church meetings:  In general, I just love to refocus on what's really important and my relationship with divinity.... I like to center back on the things I need to do to make me happier, healthier, and on the path to be the person I really want to become.  

2)  Time with Family:  I love my family and am SO thankful for them in my life.  I'm thankful to have them close-by... meaning, downstairs.  I'm thankful for their listening ears, sound advice, awkward scenarios  awesome or awesomely bad jokes, hugs, and their sarcastic wit they have all bestowed upon me over the years... I love my family.

3)  Sunday naps:  I love getting up and "go-go-going" with life... but I also LOVE a good nap.  I mean, a hardcore nap wrapped in my down comforter is pretty much heaven to my body.  I think heaven will quite literally have naps... even if they aren't needed, the option will be present.

4)  Sunday runs OR walk-and-talks:  I tend to love being outside on Sundays after my naps.  I just LOVE being outdoors and feeling the fresh air, as well as the naturalistic connection to the universe   Sounds cheesy?  It is... but it's legit too.  There's something to be said about seeing God's hand in nature and feeling peace in those moments.  I love to take a slow jog around the neighborhood while listening to my music on quieter mode, or invite my mom or a friend to walk around the neighborhood with me while we talk about the week and how our lives are going.  Sunday walk-and-talks are the BEST during the summer... don't be surprised if you see me out and about South Mountain, or if I call you to come walk-and-talk with me.  I love walking... 

I just love Sundays and the refreshing, reviving jump-start they give me for the week.  I am a thankful girl.  

One other thought:  

A little spiritual thought for the day, as it IS Sunday... 

Luke 8:14 - And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

Do you go into the world with your focus on the right things?  Do you produce positivity for the world and give back something of worth?  

Those that tend to fall to the wayside, or fall spiritually are those that put their focus into the wrong place.  Those that tend to fall economically, socially, physically, or emotionally are those who put their focus into the wrong place.... especially if you know better.  Go out there this week and make a change for the better - whatever that means to you, focus on the right things and spread that love to others around you.

Work.  
    Serve.  
         Smile.  
              Laugh.  
                    Listen.  
                           Give.  
                                Love.

Bring forth fruit and help pull others from the thorns. 
*muah*

Song of the Day: I adore this little band called Parachute.  Maybe I've talked about them before... once or twice... or more.  They have a new album coming out and here is one of their new songs, which I love - a lot.  Here is "Heart Go Crazy."  I put the regular and acoustic versions on here because I can't decide which I enjoy more.... it changes upon the day!  Enjoy!

No comments: