Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day Five = My Favorite Teacher!

On the fifth day of my thankfulness memos, I have to dedicate this entry to a woman who perhaps has no idea what an impact she has had on my life. When I was in seventh grade, I was quite the awkward little youth. We all go through it, and though I didn't hate my life or really have a bad time in middle school, it was still hard to get through sometimes. I also was just discovering my love for acting and the theater, and for writing poetry and song lyrics. I was in my creative element, and I just needed some encouragement to push me inside of this element. I needed someone who cared about me and what I was becoming, and wanted me to succeed... someone I knew that I could turn to in all things. Everyone needs that, especially in the middle school.

For that reason, today my dedicated memo of thankfulness goes to Wende Jenness - my seventh grade English teacher!

She is one of the best teachers and mentors that I have ever had, and I know she is still that person. I told her that the first time I got a Grammy or Academy Award, I would thank her in my speech. I maintain that I will do that. She is a person that has stuck with me, and she means a lot to me. She was ALWAYS there for her students, and for some reason found a special spot for my awkward self. She's a class-act. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to learn from her, and believe that part of my future success will belong to her... I am thankful for YOU, Mrs. Jenness!
*muah*

Song of the Day: At the Beginning, from the movie Anastasia. I'm sure she'll remember why this song if for her, and I STILL think of her whenever I hear this song. Enjoy!

No comments: