Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day Fourteen - The Best Friends I Have Are the BEST!

Day 14, and I still have so many names on my list of people to thank. However, today I just need to thank someone who has become one of my BEST and CLOSEST friends in the past six years. I am SO grateful for the person that she is, and how much she has taught me about life, and about myself. She has helped me see the potential I have inside of me, and encouraged me to dream big... She really cares about me and my success. She wants me to be happy. I know that I can talk to her about anything, and everything, and she will never turn her back on me. As I have watched her testimony grow and develop, mine has done the same. I am compelled forward by the momentum of her being... Sounds intense, but it's true. I just mean that she helps me see the bigger picture and work toward bettering myself. She makes me, and has made me, a better person. I am SO grateful to have her in my life, and to know that I will always have her in my life.

Today, I need to make this thankfulness note for Sarah Ray!

Sarah, you are an inspiration to me. You have helped me through some of the darkest times in my life, and taught me more about myself than almost anyone else has. You have stood as an example to me when I most needed one. I am a better member of the gospel because of your influence and heart. You have a spirit about you that is SO pure and good. I am impressed by how GOOD you are... and you can deny it and roll your eyes all you want, but it's the truth. SO many others would agree with me.

You are amazing. You are SO amazing, and you don't even know it... It's incredible how the best people in your life don't often realize the impact that they have had on you, and how much they really mean to you. In the words of a over-quoted (but still so good) musical, "Because I knew you, I have been changed FOR GOOD." I love you, Sarah - you're amazing. Thanks for being you... Today, I am thankful for YOU, Sarah!
*muah*

Song of the Day: There are a MILLION songs I could say remind me of Sarah - really. "Love Again" from the Perfect Man soundtrack, "Ocean Avenue," "Bring on the Rain," "Way I Are," Rascal Flatts songs... SO many others. However, this one is a classic for us and I dedicate it to her. Here is "For Good," from the musical Wicked - sung by Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel (A cool video too!). Enjoy!

No comments: