Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 24 Goes To... Erica!

This next individual is one from my past that has "re-surfaced" in the past few years. She was on of my best friends growing up, and taught me SO much about living with integrity and having faith in my Savior. When she was younger, she always made the choices to attend church or mutual, sometimes on her own. She was dedicated to helping others. Later in life, when her father passed away she had a good mind-set about things, and simply told me, "I know we'll be together again." She's an amazing example to me. She was my singing buddy, and I spent many nights practicing just so that I could be half as good as she was vocally. She pushed me in that way... She was a complete hopeless, romantic and was never afraid to show her emotions. I wish that I was able to do this with the scarier emotions... :) She's amazing.

Today, my thankfulness memo goes out to, Erica Paej (Suko) Ficken!

Erica, you are incredible to me. I hope you know how much I still think of the example you have set for me in my life. One time when we were in Sunday School together, you slipped a little piece of paper in my scriptures, in the Index where you highlighted the word EXAMPLE. You wrote a note that said, "Example: You are an example! It is clear that you study your scriptures everyday." Truth was, I didn't. I was terrible at it... However, your note pushed me to be better. I'm still not perfect with my studies, but I am MUCH better, and I owe that in large part to you. I mean that. Also, you are SO talented. You have the voice of a heavenly being... literally. I am always captivated by your use of such a gift and the emotion you portray in each song you sing... I LOVE your voice, and the person that shines through it. Thank you for allowing me to still call you a friend after all those years - you truly are amazing and inspiring to me. I am SO blessed to know you, Erica. Today, I am thankful for YOU, Erica!
*muah*

P.S. I will NEVER forget the sleepover we had at your house when we tried to stay up all night, you slept walk, rode your bike, made us eggs that you MADE us eat with salsa (so good, by the way) and then SWORE you never remembered doing any of that. It was pretty classic.

Song of the Day: Erica is my Celine Dion - serious. This song ALWAYS reminds me of her, and her amazing gift... Plus, she kinda has that Celine look. Here is Power of Love. Enjoy!!!

Celine Dion - The power of love
Hochgeladen von Ellyu. - Sieh die neuesten vorgestellten Musikvideos.

No comments: