Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm Thankful for Resource!

This next entry is dedicated to two women I have been thinking of a lot as I get ready to venture back to the USA. I have been privileged to have fun colleagues wherever I have worked, and these two are no exception. I respect these two women for their ability to take a hard, annoying, and draining situation and make it fun and happy. They are always willing to lend me advice or just a listening ear, and I know that we will never have a conversation that doesn't include some intense laughter. They're just two women who have become great friends to me, and I'm so thankful for all the support and love they have shown me over the past year.

Today, I want to dedicate this thankfulness memo to Debbie Olsen and Brenda Mitchell!

Debbie - You are amazing! I have seen such strength in you. We have had some tough times together, but you always find a way to grin and bear it. I have appreciated the advice you gave me so many times when I was working there, and I only hope that I can continue to come down and chat with you when I'm subbing there over the next semester. You are a GOOD person - and don't let anyone tell you different. I have seen first heart the tender and loving heart you have, and I look up to you a lot for your courage to walk your own path. You are amazing! I am thankful for YOU, Debbie!

Brenda - You are like my other mother! I hope that's not weird to you, because I know we're not "super close," but that is sincerely how I feel. You always know how to cheer me up (whether through a joke, some chocolate, or genuine, good advice), and you seem to make those around you smile. You are HILARIOUS! I mean it -you could do stand-up with your facial expressions and quick wit - it's awesome! I am so blessed to know you and to have had time to learn from you. I feel like I was a better nanny while I was here in Germany, and will be a better mom later in my life, because I was able to watch your interactions with kids. You are SUCH a great mentor and teacher - really amazing. I am thankful for YOU, Miss Brenda! :)

Sidenote: I have no pictures with you - we must remedy that at once upon my return! :)

I love you ladies and can not WAIT to see you soon to catch-up, tell jokes and stories, and eat German Chocolate...
*muah*

P.S. First, Brenda... This song will NOT be by Taylor Swift. Haha! Okay, that said, I tried to remember what songs we would always sing in the room and make fun of, but there were way too many of them! Haha... SO, I thought of THIS song and laughed to myself - listen carefully and you'll appreciate it. This is Dolly Patron's song, 9 to 5. Not sure what's up with the Disney characters, but... Enjoy!

No comments: